3/15/2013

Plum blossoms with a bit bitter memory of mine

Still I remember one Chinese poetry, with a bit of bitter memory, that I learned at high school.
I had to learn the Chinese classical literature as one of the subjects of languages at the final class of high school. But, I hated the subject of Chinese classics at that time and I failed exam every time. So I was forced to learn by heart or memorize one Chinese poetry completely. That was my teacher's pitiful and helpful arrangement for me to be able to graduate, otherwise I could not finish the final class.

The title of poetry was "Plum Blossom" (梅花)
牆角数枝梅 Some of branches of the plum at the corner of the earthen fence
凌寒独自開 (were) bloomed alone while enduring cold.
遙知不是雪 I recognize that is not snow even from distant view,
為有暗香来 because there is a sweet-scent fragrance out from somewhere around.

Poetry by Wang Ang-shi(王安石)

My translation from Chinese to English wouldn't be a little bit satisfied because of my poor ability in both languages of Chinese and English, but I hope you could understand the meaning roughly.
I expect someone corrects it to the exact words.

Best viewing is in lightbox, or just click the image, and then press the key of "F11" for full screen, you can enjoy gorgeous viewing!!

Thank you for your viewing. Have a happy Friday!!!


photoholic image's photos on Flickriver

No comments:

Post a Comment