4/25/2014

Tiny but beautiful bloom

The photo has been originally uploaded by Yuichi Momma's photostream in flickr.


If I'm not mistaken, this is called Fude-Lindou (筆竜胆) in Japanese. Binomial name is Gentiana zollingeri Fawcett. It is an annual plant and one of species in Genus of Gentiana. The plant is distributed widely in Japan, Korean Peninsula, North-eastern part of China and Sakhalin in Russia. Hight of this plant is 10 to 15 cm at most, and diameter of flower is 1.5 to 2.0 cm. Flowering time is beginning of April to middle of April at the local area where I live.  I found this flower by chance when I took a stroll in the park in my neighbourhood.

photoholic image - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

photoholic image's photos on Flickriver

No comments:

Post a Comment